The following materials are provided for media use. All images can be used for illustrative purposes in articles discussing Tales by Trees and its products, as long as the following copyright attribution is included: © Tales by Trees. The images can be resized but we ask that you don’t crop them or otherwise modify them.
Tales by Trees Logos
About the Book Trilogy
- Three inspirational modern fairytales about our relationship with nature
- Titles: The Carpenter, The Knight, The Seafarer
- Intended audience: Grown-ups and mature children
- The stories combine fantasy, nature, wisdom, wonder and folklore into inspiring reading experiences
- Each book is a fully self-contained story and does not require familiarity with the other books in the series
- Written by Iiro Küttner, a Jussi Award winning screenwriter, playwright and professor of screenwriting at Aalto University (see also interview)
- Illustrated by Ville Tietäväinen, an award-winning illustrator, graphic novelist and visual artist (see also interview)
- English translations by Owen F. Witesman, working closely with the author.
- Winner of Finland’s Most Beautiful Book Series (Finnish Book Art Committee, 2014), The Carpenter nominated for the Finlandia Junior Prize
- The illustrations have also been exhibited on their own, with three exhibitions held since 2015
We use our social media accounts to share news, information and stories related to Tales by Trees, net positive thinking, climate change, trees, forests, art and design.
Also: contact page